Do we recognize the signs of the Savior’s Second Coming that are happening today?
Originally published in 1971, The Coming of the Lord, by Gerald N. Lund, became an instant bestseller and has remained continuously in print for nearly fifty years. Now this trusted resource has been fully updated and rewritten to reflect the latest prophetic teachings and a growing sense of urgency as the Lord hastens His work.
As Elder Lund explains, “God has spoken, is speaking, and will continue to speak to us through the Spirit and through His servants the prophets. This is a gift of inestimable worth to those who live in the last days. Though the title this book carries is The Second Coming of the Lord, it is much more than a book that focuses only on the actual return of Jesus Christ. It is an examination of the prophecies about the Second Coming and the events leading up to it.”
This new edition includes:
- Hundreds of the most recent statements from prophets, seers, and revelators on the signs of the times and the Second Coming, not available in the original publication.
- Extensive new commentary and scriptural insights gleaned from decades of the author’s gospel teaching and study.
- An in-depth examination of prophecies that have already been fulfilled, including those that have occurred since the original publication.
- An uplifting view on why we should look forward to the Lord’s return with anticipation rather than anxiety.
- A discussion on how to prepare ourselves and our families for what will be the greatest event still to come in this world.
As we study and come to understand the words of ancient and modern prophets, we can learn how to “abide the day of his coming” (D&C 61:39). More than simply “surviving” or “enduring” the day of His coming and the events leading up to it, we will be able to look forward to the Savior’s return with peace, calm, rest, and safety.